photo by Lizzy Early from Your Cup of Cake
1¼ cups white sugar
¾ cup butter, softened
½ cup eggnog
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 egg yolks
1 tsp nutmeg
2¼ cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ tsp cinnamon
1½ cup powdered sugar
3 TBLS eggnog
1. Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C)
2. Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg.
3. Cream sugar and butter until light
4. Add eggnog, vanilla, and egg yolks; beat at medium speed with mixer until smooth.
5. Add flour mixture and beat at low speed until just combined.
6. Do not over mix
7. Spoon onto un-greased cookie sheets or parchment paper and make the dough balls rather small, they will spread generously in the oven.
8. Sprinkle lightly with nutmeg.
9. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until the edges barely start to brown.
10. While cookies are in the oven, make the eggnog glaze by whisking together the powdered sugar with 3 TBLS eggnog.
11. Glaze your cookies warm or cooled and top with cinnamon.
These sound so good, don’t they. Wait until you try them! I’m betting they won’t last until Christmas morning.